Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sore bridge of the nose

I've recently had a sore bridge of the nose as if I'd been hit there, along with a headache for the first couple of days.

Out of curiosity I tried Googling the symptoms and some things fascinated me.

1. there are an enormous number of Google hits for 'sore bridge of nose', most are medical forums

2. the vast majority of these are unanswered, other than from other forum users describing their own similar ailment

3. where a doctor does comment, the answer is accompanied by a disclaimer that he hasn't examined the patient and has little to go on

4. scarily, the few answers that there are look like unqualified guesses but are sometimes accompanied by suggestions of medication.

5. Almost all those laypeople who reply describing their own ailment mention a trip to the doctors, a failure to get a proper diagnosis, a prescription of antibiotics and clearing up after around 5 days

6. I haven't taken antibiotics or seen a doctor and I'm feeling much better after around 5 days.


No comments: